quesPending dues causes disputes in society.

I have purchased a society flat in Delhi on resale. The property is free hold and all dues clearance certificates provided by society. When I approached the society management for getting a share certificate in my name they told me that some retro dues (approx. 2 lakhs plus) are still pending.

The certificate (which I have in original society letter head signed and stamped) was issued by the then administrator (as society was on dispute at that time). Now the newly formed society says that the dues are still not cleared. Kindly advise how to tackle this.

• ansIf society administrator has issued no dues certificate it is binding on the society. The new managing committee cannot refuse to transfer share certificate in your name particularly so when no due certificate has been issued by administrator.

Issue legal notice to society. Complaint to registrar against the society. in addition also issue a notice to seller regarding clearance of outstanding dues allegedly claimed by society. if society refuses to transfer share certificate in your name you can also move consumer forum for necessary reliefs.