quesParents name misspelled in my birth certificate. How to correct it?

I am currently residing in Mumbai. I was born in Delhi. My issue is that my parents name has been misspelled in my birth certificate.

How can I get the name corrected? Can it be done in Mumbai itself or go to delhi for it?

  • ans

    Application will have to be made in Delhi only.

    Sec 30(2) (l) read with sec 15 of central act ( Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969),  confers power to state government to make rules for corrections of entries relating to births.

    You have to apply to Registrar of Births in Delhi for rectifying errors in your birth certificate.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am highschool teacher i have salary 7.40 lakh but i am class three servant…
what is the procedure to open a hookah parlor in Mumbai? what all registrations and…
Can any body let me know is it possible to file FIR in two different…
Sir, I'm the Maternal Grandfather of my Grandson & awarded The Legal Guardianship by the…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Richa Relhan

  Commonwealth Games Village
 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly