×

quesParents name misspelled in my birth certificate. How to correct it?

I am currently residing in Mumbai. I was born in Delhi. My issue is that my parents name has been misspelled in my birth certificate.

How can I get the name corrected? Can it be done in Mumbai itself or go to delhi for it?

Application will have to be made in Delhi only.

Sec 30(2) (l) read with sec 15 of central act ( Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969),  confers power to state government to make rules for corrections of entries relating to births.

You have to apply to Registrar of Births in Delhi for rectifying errors in your birth certificate.