Parents name misspelled in my birth certificate. How to correct it?
I am currently residing in Mumbai. I was born in Delhi. My issue is that my parents name has been misspelled in my birth certificate.
How can I get the name corrected? Can it be done in Mumbai itself or go to delhi for it?
Application will have to be made in Delhi only.
Sec 30(2) (l) read with sec 15 of central act ( Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969), confers power to state government to make rules for corrections of entries relating to births.
You have to apply to Registrar of Births in Delhi for rectifying errors in your birth certificate.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Cheque given by the employer bounced after i resigned
- Wife cheated husband of 40 lac rupees from their joint account?
- What is the procedure to file PIL
- how can property be transferred to legal heirs
- If father disowned brother from property before death, can he reclaim