online game for cash legal or not
Is it legal to start a Online Pool game(Snooker/Billiards) for cash prizes. Like say for example 2 players play the game of billiards online with an entry fee of INR 200. So player who wins the match gets INR 150 etc etc. I believe Billiards/Snooker is a game of skill. Need your advice on this.
Sports betting is an offence in India and bookies earning money from bets laid on games of skill cannot be granted protection under Article 19(1)(g) of the Indian Constitution. So, while betting or playing for money among players on a game of golf, chess, bridge or billiards may be permitted, they cannot be considered legal if operated by a gaming house. Such an online 'business activity' would not be protected under Article 19 (1)(g) of the Indian Constitution," it said. online games offering money are illegal in states which prohibits gambling. "Accordingly...the games of rummy, golf, chess, billiards and bridge played in the real form are games of skill. Poker cannot be accepted as a game of skill and is more in the form of gamble like other games of cards viz flash (teen patti) etc. "Betting on games of skill played in the physical form has been opined as legal by the apex court. However, all these games... conducted by gaming sites offering prize money and partaking a slice of winning hand are illegal in states which prohibit gambling,
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can a person file a case of cyber crime against me in another country?
- mutual consent divorce in case of court marriage
- can daughter from first marriage claim share after father's divorce?
- Can third party get the promotion committee report of govt. employees?
- amendment of pleadings in arbitration case