obtaining succession certificate
What is the best way to get succession certificate as soon as possible? How do I go about it? Please tell me the steps. I am from Mumbai. Let me know if you need more information.
There is no shortcut process of obtaining a succession certificate. The certificate is granted by a competent civil court after you file an appropriate petition mentioning the details of legal heirs, property etc.
The court will thereafter issue notices to all the legal heirs to attend the proceedings. You can get the notices served quickly by getting the vakalatnamas of all the legal heirs filed in court. By this manner you can save time in service of notice. The rest will be done as per the procedure only.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Buyer wants to cancel sale agreement want his money back what can I do
- Can a RTI be filed to get marriage details of someone elses marriage
- Is online transfer can be shown as proof in court of law
- Wife filed for divorce on false grounds, I do not want divorce. Advise
- Can Annulment be filed after 2 years of marriage