×

quesobtaining succession certificate

What is the best way to get succession certificate as soon as possible? How do I go about it? Please tell me the steps. I am from Mumbai. Let me know if you need more information.

• ansThere is no shortcut process of obtaining a succession certificate. The certificate is granted by a competent civil court after you file an appropriate petition mentioning the details of legal heirs, property etc.

The court will thereafter issue notices to all the legal heirs to attend the proceedings. You can get the notices served quickly by getting the vakalatnamas of all the legal heirs filed in court. By this manner you can save time in service of notice. The rest will be done as per the procedure only.