No original documents available
My husband had a business of sanitation. He was a sole proprietor of the business, expired on 5th December, 13 December to illness. All his original documents are with my in laws who are not ready to give it to me. I have only xerox copies of those documents. When i went to the bank to stop money being withdrawn from his business accounts the bank is asking for the original documents. But i don't have his account number or passbook but shown him the copy of his trade licence but asks for the original documents what can i do now.
You may apply to court for a succession certificate in respect of the assets of your late husband. You may also apply for and get certified copies of the original title deeds from the local office of the registrar of assurances. You may also give a lawyer's notice to the bank to stop all transaction in or pertaining to your husband's account(s) until you are able to get the succession.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- HR accusing for changing statement regarding drug test
- Can wife sell dead husband's property to pay loan? Can bank deny it?
- Is it legal to approve loan only if i pay premium of some amount?
- Wife threatening me to commit suicide what legal step should I take
- How can i get the room renamed from fathers name to my name.