My husband wants to adopt my son from first marriage
1.My husband is convinced to adopt my son but we are not sure about the procedure for it. My lawyer says that adoption of step child is not possible as we can't make an adoption deed in your case. He says HAMA requires give and take procedure and how can i give my own child to my husband? In case my lawyer is wrong, what should be the language of this particular adoption deed? 2.Or is it going to be applying for something like joint custody / my husband sharing the custody of my son ? 3.My divorce was an ex parte granted on the grounds of abandonment ( my ex husband hasn't turned up for last 8 years) but my divorce decree is silent about custody of my child. Do i need to get sole custody from court first?
For adoption consent of biological father is must that is consent from your first husband is must and then adoption deed should be duly registered.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Want information regarding my home loan can I file RTI
- How to claim compensation against motor accident
- Villagers broke our boundary for road widening what can I do
- How to sell property in the Will and thereafter divide sale proceeds?
- What is the procedures in starting a bike taxi company