×

quesMy husband wants to adopt my son from first marriage

1.My husband is convinced to adopt my son but we are not sure about the procedure for it. My lawyer says that adoption of step child is not possible as we can't make an adoption deed in your case. He says HAMA requires give and take procedure and how can i give my own child to my husband? In case my lawyer is wrong, what should be the language of this particular adoption deed? 2.Or is it going to be applying for something like joint custody / my husband sharing the custody of my son ? 3.My divorce was an ex parte granted on the grounds of abandonment ( my ex husband hasn't turned up for last 8 years) but my divorce decree is silent about custody of my child. Do i need to get sole custody from court first?

• ansFor adoption consent of biological father is must that is consent from your first husband is must and then adoption deed should be duly registered.