quesMy husband wants to adopt my son from first marriage

1.My husband is convinced to adopt my son but we are not sure about the procedure for it. My lawyer says that adoption of step child is not possible as we can't make an adoption deed in your case. He says HAMA requires give and take procedure and how can i give my own child to my husband? In case my lawyer is wrong, what should be the language of this particular adoption deed? 2.Or is it going to be applying for something like joint custody / my husband sharing the custody of my son ? 3.My divorce was an ex parte granted on the grounds of abandonment ( my ex husband hasn't turned up for last 8 years) but my divorce decree is silent about custody of my child. Do i need to get sole custody from court first?

  • ansFor adoption consent of biological father is must that is consent from your first husband is must and then adoption deed should be duly registered.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have the house on my wife's name . She died. Now I want to…
Dear Sir/Madam, There's a disparity in the spelling of my father's name in the Adhar…
Is it necessary to obtain approval from company registrar India to start a educational institution…
I want to purchase a new sedan car for commercial purposes in kolkata, but i…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Richa Relhan

  Commonwealth Games Village
 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Atit Jain

 Experience: 7 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly