Maternity leave rule in central government services
I want to know about the maternity leave rule in central government services. I am working with Institute of Hotel Management under ministry of tourism government of India. I am on contract (faculty). Maternity leave is not mentioned in my contract. How much leave I can get.its been 5 years over here and this time i have got 11 months contract from September to august.
Maternity leave is granted to women government employees. 1) Pregnancy: 180 days â?? Admissible only to employees with less than two surviving children. Miscarriage/abortion (induced or otherwise) : Total of 45 days in the entire service. However, any such leave taken prior to 16.6.1994 will not be taken into account for this limitation. Admissible irrespective of number of surviving children. Application to be supported by a certificate from a registered medical practitioner for NGOs and from AMA for GOs.
The maternity leave is not debited to leave account and full pay is granted. It cannot be combined with any other leaves and counts as service for increments and pension. Woman employees having minor children may be granted Child Care Leave by an authority competent to grant leave for a maximum period of 730 days (2 years) during their entire service for taking care of up to two children., whether for rearing or to look after any of their needs like examination, sickness, etc..
Conditions for Child Care Leave - Child care leave shall not be admissible if the child is eighteen years of age or older equal to the pay drawn immediately before proceeding on leave. It can be availed in more than one spell. It can not be debited against the leave account. 4. It may be combined with leave of the
kind due and admissible.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can a closed criminal case be reopened by giving a restatement?
- Grandmother died without a Will mama not giving share in property
- Is it mandatory to register a company for giving training in English
- Can I settle a Criminal case with the petitioner
- How to recover the 1/3 rent amount from the tenant which is a company