Marriage Certificate for a US citizen
I'm married to a US Citizen. We couldn't register our marriage before my spouse left India. When we filed my spouse visa for US with USCIS, we have submitted a letter of declaration from the registrar of marriages stating that marriage was not registered and USCIS approved the petition. However in order for the US consulate in India to process the interview the document should be legal in India. Is the declaration letter from registrar legal in India in leu of a marriage certificate?
No. you have to register your marriage.......deceleration is not valid.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Ex wife filed domestic violence case to extort money, what should I do
- What is the procedure to file for an uncontested divorce?
- Procedure and documents required for Registration for flat?
- Documents required to propose the bank for loan for booking a flat
- Husband concealed first marriage what to do