×

quesMarriage Certificate for a US citizen

I'm married to a US Citizen. We couldn't register our marriage before my spouse left India. When we filed my spouse visa for US with USCIS, we have submitted a letter of declaration from the registrar of marriages stating that marriage was not registered and USCIS approved the petition. However in order for the US consulate in India to process the interview the document should be legal in India. Is the declaration letter from registrar legal in India in leu of a marriage certificate?

• ansNo. you have to register your marriage.......deceleration is not valid.