Marriage age 18 years. Registration of marriage age 21 years.
I have doubt. Under the special marriage act the legal age to marry for the girl is 18 years and for the boy 21 years. But in another section of Special Marriage Act, the age for registration of marriage in 21 years. I went to registrar to register the marriage, he dined saying that the girl not above 21 years to register the marriage. Please tell me what to do?
Section 4(c) of the special marriage act cleary states the conditions relating to solemnization of special marriages and one of the condition is that the male has completed the age of twenty-one years and the female the age of eighteen years.
So if the girl has completed the age of 18 years then the registrar is bound to register the marriage. We suggest that you should submit your application and on reeving refusal order you can file an appeal before district court within thirty days from the date of the order.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Family Mater And Wife Not Letting Me Meet My Child
- Company not paying my full & final settlement what should I do.
- Wife sexually harassed by her father what action can we take now
- My sister is experincing mental violence, Please help
- Exboss borrowed money but not returning since past one year