quesMarriage age 18 years. Registration of marriage age 21 years.

I have doubt. Under the special marriage act the legal age to marry for the girl is 18 years and for the boy 21 years. But in another section of Special Marriage Act, the age for registration of marriage in 21 years. I went to registrar to register the marriage, he dined saying that the girl not above 21 years to register the marriage. Please tell me what to do?

  • ans

    Section 4(c) of the special marriage act cleary states the conditions relating to solemnization of special marriages and one of the condition is that  the male has completed the age of twenty-one years and the female the age of eighteen years.

    So if the girl has completed the age of 18 years then the registrar is bound to register the marriage. We suggest that you should submit your application and on reeving refusal order  you can file an appeal before district court within thirty days from the date of the order.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

How can i change my name? what is the procedure for it

Is it possible to change my name in a city different than my native one?…
How to change name on my birth certificate
Hlw M apni commercial vehicles sell krna chahta hu jo loan par h 4 year…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Richa Relhan

  Commonwealth Games Village
 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly