Legally adopted. How can i change my name in documents?
i was legally adopted when i was 3 years old by my biological father's unmarried sister. adoption deed is legal & registered.i also have an pension account under her name. she died when i was 7. my biological father is my legal guardian. my school and college records have my biological parents name and also in all the other documents such as pan card, voters id, drivers license, adhaar card. i have applied for passport. advice me what should i do? all the documents have my biological parents name. do i need to change all the documents in her name? can i now change the documents esp passport?
Since you were adopted by your aunt, so you will have to change the name of your aunt in all your legal document.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My dad wanted dowry and now causing DV to family.
- Can ask for maintenance again after settlement?
- Can I ask a tenant to vacate if I require property for self use
- Police man used abusive language and took my RC what are my rights
- Mediation in case of Domestic violence