Legal document of payment made on booking flat in pre-launch property
Hello, I am planning to book a flat in a pre-launched project. Builder is providing MoU on 100 rs/- stamp paper at this stage as land is yet to registered on builder's name. I have checked the all details in MoU and all necessary items are included in it however as far as I am aware a MoU is not a legal binding document. I am suppose to make payment of 5 Lakhs as part of booking amount and remaining 20% at the time of land registration ( 1 Month later approximately). Can you please suggest if this is advisable or the money I am going to pay before sale agreement is secured by a MoU? Thanks!!!
Unless the land is transferred in the builders name, we will suggest that you should not to give any booking amount to the builder.
Furthermore, yes if you sign a MOU then it becomes a legal document and is enforceable.
If the land is transferred, then after property due diligence you can execute an MOU and give a booking amount
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- In laws don't treat my niece very well. Want file DV and divorce.
- regarding the claim on my self aquired property
- Land sold to father now seller's nephew is creating dispute
- What action can i take if persons gardening is affecting our roof.
- Divorce as friend not able to adjust with her husband