Issue of car parking in residential area.
We have 16 blocks having 214 flat - members in our apartment association , maximum number of flat owners are allotted with covered slit car parking with flat numbers marked , and few member's were allotted with open to sky car park with flat numbers marked and all this was done by the Builder before handing property to flat owners association .
After three years MC containing 16 members (one block representative per block ) decided to allot 6 covered park by collecting 1.5 lacks to six members who already had car parking and the allotment was done , and this act was brought up in the AGM for approval, but we did not have cu ram for the first call , and the second AGM was again given time and called up , 60 member's came for the AGM .
The allotment of car parking issued was raised in the AGM , and 34 members accepted the car park allotment but 26 members did not accept . this 26 members are still objecting the car par allotment and asking the association to return back the money collected towards the fees of allotment to the six members who were allotted. And they say action done by the MC is illegal . Now the question is : Can the slit car parking allotted can be used for long time ?
Can more then one car park can be allotted to same member who is already having a allotment of covered car park by collection of allotment charge of 1.5 lacks with out any time limit of use ? The other members object that , this place of covered area in the slit , most have been used for two wheel parking and for cycle .So they say that , this area most not be allotted for car parking by the association MC . Please guide us, we can go head with allotment or need to return back the money and keep the space for parking of two wheeler and cycle .
Allotment of Slit Car Parking is illegal. If 6 nos. non slit covered car parking area have been allotted to 6 members by collecting Rs.1.5 lakhs each against bid then it should have consent of majority of the members. If the decision of such allotment has been ratified by the members in a well quorum-ed AGM, then it has the approval of the AGM.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Cousin obtained stay order on HC judgement it it valid to do so
- What precautions to take to buy a registered gift deed plot
- Transfer not done as per the policy what can i do
- How can i stop alcoholic husband from selling his property
- Fraud case in selling of a flat.