Is my presence necessary for filing a petition in different state?
Need advice on how to file a petition from Gurgaon to Munsiff Court Chenngenur, Kerela? Do I need to be physically present there? Can the petition be filed by us or do we need a lawyer?
You cannot file a petition for any court from any other location unless you are present yourself at the court or authorize an attorney to do so on your behalf.
Thereby, answering your specific question, to file a petition in a Kerala court, you need to be present at the court physically or need to appoint an Advocate to file the petition on your behalf. The petition can be filed by you as well, however, you will need to be available for all the hearing dates as and when the court defines so.
Authorizing an advocate to file and appear on your behalf by signing a Vakalatnama not only provides you the benefit in your petition / case owing to the advocate's legal know-how and experience, it also saves you the trouble of appearing personally on each and every hearing wherein the same can be avoided.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Harassed by daughters and asking for money what can I do
- Can GPA holder sell my property without my presence or consent
- Procedure to correct name in 10th CBSE marksheet
- Company not settling and forcing to rejoin what can be done
- public servant issued a illegal notice for recovery of fee of NOC