quesIrrevocable power of attorney.

My sister is a registered member of a matrimonial site and she got a call from a foreigner for marriage proposal who was a resident of uk and was on work visa in mumbai, india for a month. He was also a member of the same matrimonial site, after a month he borrowed a sum of 20000 from her as he was in short of money to get back to his country. Now he wanted to return the borrowed sum and wants to invest money in India by sending money to her account.He asked for her bank details and also sent the following doc mail to be filled,attach and return it back. Please look into the trailing mail. Is this a fraud case? Please help and reply.....!!!! To, Levin & Baldwin Solicitors, 201 Temple Square, 2 Dale Street, Liverpool. L2 5RU. ATTN: Michael Levin Esq, RE: IRREVOCABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY. Today, I (Name ??????????..), of (address ???????????????????????????????????????..) give my Irrevocable power of attorney to Levin & Baldwin Solicitors to act as my attorney. They have been briefed to stand on my behalf for the release of sum of Two Hundred & Fifty Thousand US dollars ($250, 000,00) money of my husband Investment business in India. I am his wife (Mr. James Williams) and the only beneficiary of his fund lodged with the HSBC branch of 770/772 Bristol Road, South Northfield, Birmingham, West Midlands. B31 2NN. United Kingdom. I shall be grateful if you can help me get this fund out as soon as possible. Attached herewith is a copy of my proof identity documents. Yours faithfully, ( your name????????? ) Signed ???????????. Date ????????????

  • ansUnder no circumstances your sister should sign the POA as by signing it she may find herself trapped neck deep in legal trouble. The POA signed by your sister may be used for carrying out some transactions which may expressly be prohibited by law. Even though the transactions will be conducted by him, but your sister will be held liable for same as she will be a signatory to POA. It may even form the basis of her conviction in a court of law. If she desires to recover the money she lent to him then she should require him to deliver it to her in cash, without taking recourse to Western Union, Bank transfer, etc.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Sudershani Ray

  Kailash Hills
 Experience: 10 years

Advocate Tanushree Sahani

 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Vishal V Birajdar

  Andheri West
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly