If unregistered will is valid or not?
I have an unregistered will in the name of my father written by my grandfather. Even though the will is unregistered and dates back to the year 1987-1988, it is signed by only 1 witness.Also, the property mentioned in the will belongs to my grandfather. Is that will valid? Can it be helpful in my property dispute as well as property disposal?
An unregistered will is valid if it conforms to legal requirement of two witnesses who have signed the will in the presence of the testator and the testator has signed the will in their presence. Since in this case there is only one witness the will is not valid.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Property ownership
- How to create a rent agreement with easy eviction clause
- What are the rights of legal heirs on demat account of mother?
- Property Family Dispute as grandfather passed away with any will
- Cheque bounced now can i re submit it since 3 months lapsed what to do