quesIf unregistered will is valid or not?

I have an unregistered will in the name of my father written by my grandfather. Even though the will is unregistered and dates back to the year 1987-1988, it is signed by only 1 witness.Also, the property mentioned in the will belongs to my grandfather. Is that will valid? Can it be helpful in my property dispute as well as property disposal?

• ansAn unregistered will is valid if it conforms to legal requirement of two witnesses who have signed the will in the presence of the testator and the testator has signed the will in their presence. Since in this case there is only one witness the will is not valid.