How to transfer / register POA property if POA holder has passed away
My father has a property by Power of Attorney in Lucknow since 20 years and all the electricity and water bills are in my father's name. Now my father has passed away.
The property has been passed 2 times since the original owner and my father was the last POA holder.
How do we transfer the property in our name now?
Since there is no clarity to your question,
To give you a perfect legal advise, we would like to know a few more things :
1. who is in the current possession of the property?
2. Did your father made any Will or died intestate(without drawing up any Will)?
If your father passed away without any Will, property cannot be registered it can only be mutated i.e. divided among all the legal heirs.
Assuming that you are Hindus, your father's property if he died intestate property will be divided as per The Hindu Succession Act.
Now regarding your query, after the father's death, property could only be mutated and there is no law to provide for registry of property in your name.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Company promised hike but denied later what can i do
- How can I ask my husband to leave our house. procedure ?
- Senior officer obstructing subordinates from doing a job what to do
- Delay in repairing of mobile device by company service centre
- Grand father's land one son asking for 50% share how to divide