how to register inter caste marriage.
Hi, I have been married since 25th April' 2009. We got married in a Temple in Mumbai. I have pictures and videos of my marriage. My wife is muslim and I'm hindu which is a love marriage. And we have 2 sons now. I'm willing to register my marriage but not sure about the documents required plus my wife has got very limited documents like only 12th grade mark sheet and a photocopy of her birth certificate.
The marriage cannot be registered as it is illegal. Marriage can be performed according to the hindu rites if and only if both the bride and bridegroom are hindus.
Since you are a hindu and your wife is a muslim the marriage could not have been solemnized according to the hindu rites and rituals. It does not seem from your statement of facts that your wife converted to hinduism. You should go for court marriage and then register it. This will allow you to marry and retain your respective religions.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can divorce be filed on grounds of mental and physical harassment
- how to protect property form ex-wife which was build by husband?
- Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
- Person gave token money for land and sold it to 3rd party what to do
- Illegal land acquisition by gram panchayat