queshow to get non traceable report certified copy from court

Car was stolen 3 months ago. Police gave a non traceable report after the FIR has been filed. Now they say that I have to collect the certified copy from the court. What is the procedure for the same and in how many days does the NTR reach from the Police Station to the court?

  • ans

    If your car has been stolen, the first thing to do will be to file a police report. Notify your insurance company as soon as you file the police report, this will help in case the thief has caused some damage to others with your car.

    Also please note, your insurance company will not process your claim if you have not filed a report with the police.

    It is also important to inform your RTO of the theft.

    When you notify your insurance company, provide them all the details of loan/lease of your car along with the FIR.

    Provide them with a description of your car, mileage, service record if any. Also submit the list of personal items stolen along with the car.

    Inform your financier immediately of the theft and ask them to discuss the case directly with your insurer this might expedite the claim process.

    In case the police recover the vehicle, inform your insurer about the same.

    If the vehicle is recovered, the Insurance company is liable to pay compensation on damages caused to the vehicle as per the terms and conditions of your policy and for stolen items if any, which are
    covered under your policy.

    If the vehicle is not recovered, the police have to provide a Non-Traceable Certificate (NTC) and the court will have to give a final report under sec 173 Crpc.

    So, the insurance company must be asking for final report from the court, so after receiving NTC, the court will give you a final report.


    Click here to find the best Insurance lawyer in your city.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

After a year we found a typo error in Release Deed made among family members.…
Will the court photocopy of deed in which my sigbature is forged by others. Original…
Can a property that has liabilities like loan, etc on it be gifted through a…
I had an old LML Scooter that I gave away to a local scrap dealer…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Srishti Saxena

  Guru Apartments, Dwarka
 Experience: 6 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly