how to get non traceable report certified copy from court
Car was stolen 3 months ago. Police gave a non traceable report after the FIR has been filed. Now they say that I have to collect the certified copy from the court. What is the procedure for the same and in how many days does the NTR reach from the Police Station to the court?
If your car has been stolen, the first thing to do will be to file a police report. Notify your insurance company as soon as you file the police report, this will help in case the thief has caused some damage to others with your car.
Also please note, your insurance company will not process your claim if you have not filed a report with the police.
It is also important to inform your RTO of the theft.
When you notify your insurance company, provide them all the details of loan/lease of your car along with the FIR.
Provide them with a description of your car, mileage, service record if any. Also submit the list of personal items stolen along with the car.
Inform your financier immediately of the theft and ask them to discuss the case directly with your insurer this might expedite the claim process.
In case the police recover the vehicle, inform your insurer about the same.
If the vehicle is recovered, the Insurance company is liable to pay compensation on damages caused to the vehicle as per the terms and conditions of your policy and for stolen items if any, which are
covered under your policy.
If the vehicle is not recovered, the police have to provide a Non-Traceable Certificate (NTC) and the court will have to give a final report under sec 173 Crpc.
So, the insurance company must be asking for final report from the court, so after receiving NTC, the court will give you a final report.
Click here to find the best Insurance lawyer in your city.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Amendment of left out property in the property suit
- Internal Complaint Committee Sexual Harassment of Women at Work Place.
- Cheque got bounced a year ago given by a person liable to repay
- Uploaded someone's video On Youtube and deleted it is it a Crime
- Real Sister wants to transfer property to me. Best manner to do it?