How to get my passport issued without my spouses name on it?
Hi Team, I need your help to resolve my query on passport. I wish to apply for passport without my spouse name, as I am going to file a divorce petition in the court. in affidavit (K) its written "That my passport be issued without my spouse name. In the eventuality of a Court declining to decree divorce, i will get the passport re-issued with spouse name within three months thereof. my question is what is the meaning of "In the eventuality of a Court declining to decree divorce" in the affidavit. Please help me to understand this to get the correct affidavit to apply for passport. Thanks
This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.
As per annexure k you can have passport without spouse name when divorce is not granted or divorce petition is pending and when such divorce petition is pending and divorce is rejected later on passport will be issued with spouse name. That's what it means.
Advocate Radhika PachporErandwane, Pune
If you are in Mumbai, best option is to visit Worli passport office and enquire. There are regulation changes. If your divorce is not granted you will have to inform the passport office and get it reissued.
Advocate Feroz A ShaikhKurla West, Mumbai
it means that if the Court does not grants or permits or allows the divorce as contemplated by you then in such an event, you will have to re-apply for the passport and inform the authorities about the rejection or refusal of the Court to grant divorce and in such situation, you will have to get new passport with the name of your spouse !
hope this has clarified your doubt ! !
Advocate Namitabh KothariFort, Mumbai
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can I get my property back from illegal possession
- Non inclusion of two legal heirs name in ancestralproperty
- Police troubling me till food license in obtained. What to do?
- What is the procedure to get a birth certificate
- How to send legal notice to a firm in Germany? What to do after that?