quesHow to get my passport issued without my spouses name on it?

Hi Team, I need your help to resolve my query on passport. I wish to apply for passport without my spouse name, as I am going to file a divorce petition in the court. in affidavit (K) its written "That my passport be issued without my spouse name. In the eventuality of a Court declining to decree divorce, i will get the passport re-issued with spouse name within three months thereof. my question is what is the meaning of "In the eventuality of a Court declining to decree divorce" in the affidavit. Please help me to understand this to get the correct affidavit to apply for passport. Thanks

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

• ansAs per annexure k you can have passport without spouse name when divorce is not granted or divorce petition is pending and when such divorce petition is pending and divorce is rejected later on passport will be issued with spouse name. That's what it means.
    Regards

Advocate Radhika Pachpor

Erandwane, Pune

• ansIf you are in Mumbai, best option is to visit Worli passport office and enquire. There are regulation changes. If your divorce is not granted you will have to inform the passport office and get it reissued.

Advocate Feroz A Shaikh

Kurla West, Mumbai

• ansit means that if the Court does not grants or permits or allows the divorce as contemplated by you then in such an event, you will have to re-apply for the passport and inform the authorities about the rejection or refusal of the Court to grant divorce and in such situation, you will have to get new passport with the name of your spouse !

hope this has clarified your doubt ! !