how to get birth certificate of an adopted child
My uncle had adopted a boy child 3 years back without any legal formalities from a friend of one of their relative from Delhi. They do not posses the child's birth certificate and also have lost contact with the person from whom the child was adopted.
Now the problem is that without birth certificate difficulties may occur like school admission and to name a few. Please advice what can be done in this situation so that birth certificate can be obtained and my uncle and aunty become the legal guardian of the child.
Deed of adoption is necessary for adopting a child. It has to be signed by the biological parents and In addition it has to be registered. The birth certificate would reflect the name of biological parents.
If you want the name of the adopted parents to be reflected you have to make application to magistrate and obtain the court order then only will changes be reflected in the birth certificate. Please also note that the magistrate wont pass an order unless there is a valid adoption deed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Divorce as my wife is suffering from mood disorder
- Will registration ensure that my ownership of property is protected?
- Query on Selection 138 related to Cheque Bounce
- Freedom of Speech/ Willful Hurting the beliefs of Community
- Gave loan to relatives but now they are refusing to return