how to disown an adopted child?
I had adopted a girl and now she is 20 years old. Now I want to disown her and want that she does not use my name in her documents. What is the process for this?
THE HINDU ADOPTIONS AND MAINTENANCE ACT, 1956,
Section 15. Valid adoption not to be cancelled- No adoption which had been validly made can be cancelled by the adoptive father or mother or any other person, nor can the adopted child renounce his or her status as such and return to the family of his or her birth.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Query on Builder's demand of interest over Service Tax
- Can I get enquiry report of ragging through RTI
- After how many years of completion of marriage can i file for divorce.
- How can I change my name in birth certificate
- Tenant filed FIR under section 501 What can be done