How to change last name in Xth exam certificate and marksheet
My last name is different in my Xth exam CBSE certificate and marksheet from all other documents. Now I am planning to get my passport made.
How can I change my last name in the CBSE certificate.
Also, is there any other way that this does not cause me any problem in applying for my passport or other future documents?
1. Please specify what are the other documents? Further your query is silent on whether in your birth certificate and all school records has correct last name
2. With respect to your change in last name in your CBSE Certificate, you will have to make an application to the CBSE for correction in name and alongwith the same you will have to enclose all the school records including your birth certificate and all other documents. If in the school records your last name is rightly mentioned, then CBSE will make the change in the said document. However if in the school records you have the same last name as mentioned in Xth exam marksheet, then CBSE might not change your last name.
If CBSE declines your request then you can approach High Court by way of writ thereby challenging the CBSE rule that the last name is wrongly recorded as mentioned in birth certificate
3. Xth mark sheet is required everywhere for age proof, however you can try to place your birth certificate on record.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife not ready to live together and demanding divorce. What to do?
- Can I file share in my grandfather's proeperty
- Validity of 2005 Notarized GPA unregistered as of today
- Can consumer court give permission for construction
- Clarification on cheating, dowry and false promise to marriage