how to change date of birth on birth certificate
I have two different birth dates on my birth certificate and school leaving certificate respectively. Now I want to change my birth date on birth certificate in order to avoid legal problems in future. What should I do for this?
For changing birth date, you are required to make an affidavit mentioning the facts. Apply for the change in date of birth in the official gazette office duly constituted by the state government. You need to make an application in the prescribed format and on publishing of the official gazette take few original copies of the same, get the copy attested and submit it along with affidavit wherever required.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Father sold his share to uncle can I claim share in property
- Is widow liable to pay back husband's dues being involved unknowingly
- Harassing someone who helped road accident victim.
- Living on land for 40 years. Now goons are claiming the property.
- Panchayat office denying to transfer khata as e-khata not available