×

quesHow to apply for name change in CBSE certificated through court?

How can i change name in cbse and how much time will take to court order?

A Civil Suit for mandatory injunction will lie to seekget directions from court for name changed. Birth Certificate etc. shall be required to file the suit.

CBSE shall be made a party to the suit and the order shall an binding on this.

• ansBefore filing the writ petition in the court, you are required to submit application to CBSE chairman.
    Thereafter you submit an affidavit of name change in your respective District Court before Magistrate. This process may take somewhere 2-6 months.

• ansA Civil Suit for mandatory injunction will lie to seekget directions from court for name changed. Birth Certificate etc. shall be required to file the suit. CBSE shall be made a party to the suit and the order shall an binding on this.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi