how can i open a hookah parlor?
i want to open a hookah bar in Vashi. what is the process and registrations and licences required for the same?
Make application to obtain trade license from Municipal corporation of Mumbai, to run hookah bar. The commisisoner may grant permission subject to conditions that teenagers should not be allowed and ingredients used should in hookah should be permissible and not against anti tobacco laws.
In addition you must have licence for selling tobacco from Bombay Municipal Corporation. Further smoking zone should be separate from resturant area if resturant is also being run in same premises. If licensing conditions are violated hookah bars may be directed to be closed down and license revoked.
You would also require, registration under Bombay Shop and Establishment Act, Food Safety and Standards Authority, storage license from Bombay Municipal Corporation.
The process of all the licenses are that you will have to go to the respective department submit requisite application, alongwith which you will have to submit Tax Receipt, Agreement, if on rent/ property paper of premises and pay government fees to the department.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Changes made in general terms and conditions of employment
- Government ordered to construct a road giving no compensation
- My father in law registered whole property in name of one daughter
- Wife is not agreeing to stay together after mediation
- Can my husband divorce me over a text message