How can i get a caste certificate? What is the procedure for it?
My ancestors belong to mysore district and are SC. But my father came to Bangalore when we were kids. I want to get caste certificate in Bangalore. How can i get it?
The information required by the department is as under:
1. Name of the Applicant
2. Father/Husband’s Name
3. Sex (M/F)
4. Residential Address
5. Ration Card No (Copy to be enclosed)
6. School Leaving Certificate / Transfer Certificate(Copy to be enclosed)
7. Details of Community Certificate of Parents
8. Details of School Certificates of Parents
9. Date of application
Applicants need to submit an application furnishing the details of their caste, income and other relevant information to the Taluk office, in whose jurisdiction the candidate usually resides. The application submitted by the candidate would be scrutinized by the caseworker in the Taluk office and would then be forwarded to the concerned revenue official (Village Accountant in case of villages and Revenue Inspector in case of urban areas).
The revenue official verifies the details of the application by visiting the candidate’s place and submits a report with a recommendation. The Tahsildar verifies the report and either approves or disapproves the recommendation. Based on the Tahsildar’s orders the certificate/endorsement is issued to the applicant.
Documents required are as under:
1. Parents’/ Parents siblings(preferably male) Caste Certificate issued by the prescribed Authority.
2. Photo ID
3. Copy of State School Leaving Certificate (SSLC).
4. One photo
5. Photo copy of the ration card
6. Affidavit on stamp paper of Rs 10.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>