queshow can i Change my name

I have changed my name from rooma to rooma bhatti and the same was requested to education board to update in its record as there is provision for it with an application form provided by board. but the board personal refused to do so and gave reason this is not change in name because basic name is same. I tried to convince them any change/addition/removal/alteration done by own will comes under change and any change/addition/removal/alteration done by self mistake or other's comes under correction of name. But they rejected my form and asked for the law or court order describing about this. So plz help

• ansYou may swear an affidavit before a magistrate with regard to your change of name. and submit same to the authorities. If they still refuse, you may have to consider other options such as a court case.