×

queshindu-muslim marriage- special marriage act

I am a muslim boy who intend to marry a hindu girl, kindly guide me a procedure to get married to her legally but the problem is our families should not be informed about this as they will object,we want to get married and tell them to avoid any legal issue or cases they would put forward to seperate us.

• ansHello, You may get married under the provisions of Special Marriage Act. In order to do so you have to approach the Marriage Officer of the area where either of the party has resided for more then a month and Give a notice of marriage to the Marriage Officer in the prescribed format
    Then the notice will be kept in the register and will be published in the office of the Marriage Officer. After a prescribed period, the parties will have to appear in the marriage officers office along with three witnesses to complete rest of the remaining formalities.

You may look up the special marriage act on google and will easily find all the forms necessary to complete the above procedure.