General power of attorney for a DDA site
My father has purchased a site in 2000 in Delhi through general power of attorney, and we built a house in same place. But the site is allotted from DDA to person who sold that property to my father under lease period of 10 year. Now the question is if the lease period is completed. Now I need to register my property in my father's name, they are telling that general power of attorney has no value (it is registered gpa in sub registrar office), so please bring that person who gave gpa to you, but we can't trace the party where he is living, what is the procedure to come out from this problem. How can I take absolute sale deed from DDA?
You have stated that DDA allotted site to the seller. Was the site on ownership basis or leasehold? Subsequently according to you seller sold the property to you on lease basis for 10 years under GPA. What are the terms and conditions of lease? Did it contain a clause as to renewal of lease? Was prior permission of DDA obtained? If lease period has expired, you don't have interest in said property. Property cannot be registered in your father's name. It is necessary to go through the various documents cited by you to advise further. In case you are unable to trace the seller engage a detective agency, contact a local lawyer .
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Resigned from company. Company not paying my dues. What to do?
- Who would be legal owner of the said property?
- Who pays property tax when title of property is in dispute?
- Builder did not give share to the owner what action can we take
- How to change terms of the registered rent agreement