FIR cancellation by police and FIR quashing.
I was friend with a girl, she was in serious liking towards me however i had treated her like a friend only.later on when i realized her liking towards me & started backing off than she lodged a police complaint & some of her well wishers started threatening & pressurizing me for marriage & when i did not budge than subsequently she filed an FIR.
Now in order to save me from such girl my friends & even a police officer known to us advised me to enter into settlement & an engagement took place between her me.Now she has given an affidavit duly attested by a magistrate to the concerned police station to cancel the fir. My query is that-
1) Since i have the affidavit can i go for FIR quashing before HC right away or i will have to wait till police submits FIR cancellation report.
2) If i call off the engagement than what possible damage could she do.I am not going to meet her for the upcoming 5-6 months also.
If the case is on investigation stage only and no charge sheet is submitted then the police on the basis of affidavit can submit Final Report/Closure Report. However if it refuses to do so then mutual quashing is possible from high court. Since the girl has already given affidavit stating something about this relationship. it needs to be perused to find out whether you would be in trouble or not in future once you retract from your commitment of marriage. No relationship can sustain for long it is is based on coercion , fraud and blackmailing.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Marriage age 18 years. Registration of marriage age 21 years.
- What is the procedure to file for divorce if living separately
- Delayed construction by builder Jaycee Homes in Kashimira
- Is it safe to buy DC converted property?
- Can daughter claim share in ancestral property