Father died after making the sales agreement.
My father made a sale agreement with a broker to sale 2 plots of land for sum of 20 lakhs to be executed within 4 months. my father received 10 lakhs from broker made a receipt of 10 lakhs on agreement paper and executed sale deed of 1 plot to a third person as requested by the broker.
After 5 months my father expired. Now broker (dishonestly) claims that he has paid 10 lacs and got nothing(because agreement was made in his name). He says he is ready to pay the remaining 10 lacs but he wants 2 plots. But he has already taken 1 plot in the name of person requested by him.
We would need certain clarifications on certain matters in the above mentioned regard. Was money received by cash or cheque? Did your father receive any written instructions from broker to execute sale deed in favor of third party ? Does agreement mention about broker role? What is stand of third party in dispute?
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can Police cancel case if the case filed in a court
- Courier service not responding to calls what to do
- Legal heirship certificate and its percentage of distribution.
- Ground of divorce - desertion. What does 2 years desertion mean?
- procedure to get duplicate paper of Property.