I have recently been issued ESOP but have some major concerns. My company is currently unlisted. In case it does not get listed or seriously delayed on listing - how do I unlock my value? - It says that I have to be employed to exercise my vested options. How do I ensure that regardless of my employment status of my company, my vested options are something I still exercise. What else are key things which as an employee I should watch out for to make ESOP fair to me and not tilted towards employer.

• ansESOP provides a company's workforce with an ownership interest in the company. In an ESOP, companies provide their employees with stock ownership, often at no up-front cost to the employees. . Shares are allocated to employees and may be held in an ESOP trust until the employee retires or leaves the company. The shares are then sold Ask whether the shareholders and the board have approved the scheme. ESOPs are decided by the company compensation committee. For unlisted companies, the problem is lack of liquidity and clarity on valuation. That is why companies must mention all exit options clearly at the time of grant. For instance, if the initial public offer is the only exit route, it must be stated clearly and the potential uncertainties related to listing brought to the employees' attention.