EMPLOYEE STOCK OWNERSHIP PLAN
I have recently been issued ESOP but have some major concerns. My company is currently unlisted. In case it does not get listed or seriously delayed on listing - how do I unlock my value? - It says that I have to be employed to exercise my vested options. How do I ensure that regardless of my employment status of my company, my vested options are something I still exercise. What else are key things which as an employee I should watch out for to make ESOP fair to me and not tilted towards employer.
ESOP provides a company's workforce with an ownership interest in the company. In an ESOP, companies provide their employees with stock ownership, often at no up-front cost to the employees. . Shares are allocated to employees and may be held in an ESOP trust until the employee retires or leaves the company. The shares are then sold Ask whether the shareholders and the board have approved the scheme. ESOPs are decided by the company compensation committee. For unlisted companies, the problem is lack of liquidity and clarity on valuation. That is why companies must mention all exit options clearly at the time of grant. For instance, if the initial public offer is the only exit route, it must be stated clearly and the potential uncertainties related to listing brought to the employees' attention.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife after leaving me married and living with another man. What to do?
- How can I recover our pending amount
- I do not agree to live with my wife despite a court order to do so
- Can an accused get bail after it has been rejected by the court once?
- Filed consumer case but both judges are not available what can be done