Dissolution of huf
My father created HUF some 25 years back. He was paying income tax on my minor HUF account. He passed away in 2009. We brothers have partitioned. I retired from service in 2009. I have been filing returns on both individual and HUF status. My son does not want to continue under the HUF and wants the status to be dissolved, and have only one individual account. Is there provision for such dissolution and what is the procedure?
HUF is dissolved only on the partition of property between the members. Please note partly partition of HUF is not approved . Partition means full partition. Draw up a deed of family partition and register the document in sub-registrar office. After the execution of registered PD ur son can have only one individual account and HUF status will not be there.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband did second nikah without informing how to divorce him
- Company is not refunding security deposit
- Can be claim land if we are staying there for more then 15 years
- Husband's Elder brother committed bigamy and adlutery.
- Abused by police constable in public for no reason what can I do