Designed Tshirt selling business is manufacturing or service based?
I'm planning to start a T-shirt brand. I will be performing the fashion design and the sales part, while a third party would be doing the manufacturing and printing of the t-shirts. I wanted to register as a sole proprietorship firm. I'm confused if my industry would come under manufacturing industry or a service based industry? Kindly help me out.
If your are performing sale , then you would require to take VAT number and licences. Since you are not manufacturing then you would be categorized as service based industry, however we suggest that you should consult your CA .
Further, you should also get your brand registered under Trademark Act.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- The land acqusition officer calculate the compensation for our land
- Want custody of my kids
- Delay in delivery of the product as committed by the seller
- College not refunding fee what are my legal option
- Bought a car from my wife now stopped making payments