Denied admission to a beach, in India.
My friends and i went to kovalam beach (particularly known as eves beach) in Kerala two days back. it is a public beach. however the lifeguards there asked us to leave the beach saying that it was only for family. there was no signboard saying that bachelors were not allowed on the beach. is this legal? do we not have a right to visit public beaches in India?
Yes, you have right to visit public beaches . you cannot be restrained from visiting public beaches merely because you are a bachelor. The best option for you is to raise the issue in media as to how bachelors are being denied access to public beaches. Also address letter to Muncipal commissioner in your city regarding discrimination against bachelors. File an RTI application as to whether any policy decision has been taken to deny access to bachelors in kovalam beach.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i rent residential property for commercial purpose
- How to take back the divorce case
- Can i file for divorce on the grounds that my husband is not earning
- Can husband sell property in which wife is nominee without asking her
- How is the property divided is there is no Will?