Daughter in Canada how can the POA be executed?
I own a flat in Pune valued at 1 Cr plus. I wish to gift it to my daughter who is a Canadian citizen. I am aware that I can execute a gift deed through PIO and that I have to pay 2 % stamp duty etc. Will she be able to sell it later (say after 5 years). Can she work on this through a Power of Attorney since it will be difficult for her to come to India often. Also, how and where the Power of Attorney should be executed?
Transfer of immovable property is possible through POA if the same is a registered one. If the Principal is a foreign citizen/resident then he/she can execute POA from his/her country of residence and get it notarized and attested from local Notary and Consulate Officer. The same then is required to be Adjudicated from local Collector. Then on its basis the attorney can get or transfer immovable property.
So in your case the POA can be executed in Canada in the above mentioned manner and then sent to India for further procedure.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Company terminated me without giving notice and not paying due salary
- What is process to give flat of grandfather after his death on rent
- Got legal heir certificate. How can we get it registered?
- what is the process of the ask maintance slip to the co-operative soci
- How can I get marriage certificate of my relative in arya samaj mandir