quesDaughter in Canada how can the POA be executed?

I own a flat in Pune valued at 1 Cr plus. I wish to gift it to my daughter who is a Canadian citizen. I am aware that I can execute a gift deed through PIO and that I have to pay 2 % stamp duty etc. Will she be able to sell it later (say after 5 years). Can she work on this through a Power of Attorney since it will be difficult for her to come to India often. Also, how and where the Power of Attorney should be executed?

  • ans Transfer of immovable property is possible through POA if the same is a registered one. If the Principal is a foreign citizen/resident then he/she can execute POA from his/her country of residence and get it notarized and attested from local Notary and Consulate Officer. The same then is required to be Adjudicated from local Collector. Then on its basis the attorney can get or transfer immovable property.
    So in your case the POA can be executed in Canada in the above mentioned manner and then sent to India for further procedure.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

Good Morning Sir/Madam, I born in 1970 in my home and my parents did not…

Sir I am a student . My father is a PSU Employee and now his…
Sir I found 10th marks sheet and certificate named as Shiv Prasat. On contacting colege…
hi i want to transfer property documents from my mom name to my name but…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Richa Relhan

  Commonwealth Games Village
 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Atit Jain

 Experience: 7 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly