quesco owners consent in renting a property

My husband owns a property. His brother in the co- owner. He stays outside India. We would like to rent the flat. Is his signatures or consent is required in writing for the tenancy agreement. Suggest

  • ansYes, it is mandatory because your husband's brother is a co-owner of the property.

    Your husband's brother can execute GPA in favour of your husband from foreign country by affixing signature of embassy of the state or any authorized person and paying sufficient stamp duty and any document executed outside India should have stamped with the duty applicable as per Indian stamp rules in India within a period of three months from the date of first receipt of the document in India.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am in a very difficult situation. I have been cleared SSC CGL 2016 Tier-1…

Hi Am looking to open a beauty saloon which would have all homemade products .…

Dear sir...my father's name is different in some documents as like 10th,12th marksheet,driving license,1year marksheet...…
My father committed suicide in the year 2014 at allahabad. I got the postmortem report…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Richa Relhan

  Commonwealth Games Village
 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Atit Jain

 Experience: 7 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly
View in App
Get Upto 40% Off