co owners consent in renting a property
My husband owns a property. His brother in the co- owner. He stays outside India. We would like to rent the flat. Is his signatures or consent is required in writing for the tenancy agreement. Suggest
Yes, it is mandatory because your husband's brother is a co-owner of the property.
Your husband's brother can execute GPA in favour of your husband from foreign country by affixing signature of embassy of the state or any authorized person and paying sufficient stamp duty and any document executed outside India should have stamped with the duty applicable as per Indian stamp rules in India within a period of three months from the date of first receipt of the document in India.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Disability pension was rejected because disease was not Attributable
- Husband's salary withheld by employer
- Procedure for transfer of property on unregistered will
- How can i get the flat registration done.
- Can eviction suite can be filed against wife by aged in-laws ?