×

quesco owners consent in renting a property

My husband owns a property. His brother in the co- owner. He stays outside India. We would like to rent the flat. Is his signatures or consent is required in writing for the tenancy agreement. Suggest

• ansYes, it is mandatory because your husband's brother is a co-owner of the property.

Your husband's brother can execute GPA in favour of your husband from foreign country by affixing signature of embassy of the state or any authorized person and paying sufficient stamp duty and any document executed outside India should have stamped with the duty applicable as per Indian stamp rules in India within a period of three months from the date of first receipt of the document in India.