quesChange of religion after acquiring a gvt. job

My sister got the government job in Delhi on the behalf of scheduled caste in 2010. She is working as a primary teacher. Few days before she informed us that she did a court marriage with the Muslim boy. She converted her name and religion. So she is no more Schedule caste now. Can she continue her job in the same firm? When should she inform her department regarding this?

  • ansOn conversion she loses her scheduled caste status. Supreme Court has held that ??if a Hindu is converted to Christianity or another religion, which does not recognize caste, the conversion amounts to a loss of the said caste.?

    A Division Bench of the Madras High Court in 1952 ruled that ??a convert ceases to have any caste.? She will no more be entitled to seek reservation in promotion / Govt. accommodations etc. She will be a General category employee. She won't loose her job because when she joined she was SC.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband died in Nov 2010 after marriage of 6 months and I left my…

I want to start Law college in Poanta Sahib (Himachal). We already have land. Our…

I belong to Bangalore. My grandfather had a land which he divided amongst his 2…

My father name is different in my 10th n 12th marksheet than in my fathers…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Richa Relhan

  Commonwealth Games Village
 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Atit Jain

 Experience: 7 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly