queschange in marital status on passport

i have been separated from my husband since 7 yrs but didnot get legal divorce. i would like to remove his name from my passport. i read that a notarized affidavit "annexure k" will suffice.
please advise if any other docs need to be submitted and where should they be submitted

  • ansDear Querist,

    We understand that you wish to delete your spouse’s name from your passport.

    Under your given circumstances your passport will be issued under the “Re-issue” category.

    Documents Required:

    1. Annexure K: An Affidavit sworn before First Class Judicial Magistrate or Executive Magistrate executed on a Non-Judicial stamp paper ( min. value Rs. 10/-) will be required to be attached along with your form for re-issuance of passport. Annexure K can be downloaded from www.passportindia.gov.in

    2. Old Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages, including ECR/Non-ECR page (previously ECNR) and the page of observation (if any), made by Passport Issuing Authority and validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport;

    3. Annexure E: Deed poll/sworn affidavit as per format and material provided in Annexure "E". This Affidavit is for change in name ,if in case you had adopted your Spouse’s surname and now may wish to resume your maiden name consequent to the separation. Annexure E can also be downloaded from www.passportindia.gov.in

    For further details you may refer to the instruction manual available at www.passportindia.gov.in .

    Place of submission:

    The above said documents have to be submitted along with your Application Form at the designated Passport office for your area of residence. The Application Form can be filled and submitted online , simultaneously an appointment will be required to be fixed with the Passport office. For the appointment and online form filing you can visit www.passportindia.gov.in and follow instruction thereon.

    For good order, we request you to cross check and verify the details with the Passport office before proceeding with the application.

    Hope the above was helpful.

    Advocate Vanditta Hegde

      Cuffe Parade, Mumbai

  • Related Articles

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sudershani Ray

  Kailash Hills
 Experience: 9 years

Advocate Shilpa Sharad

  RMV Extension
 Experience: 21 years

Advocate Vishal V Birajdar

  Andheri West
 Experience: 10 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 15 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly