quescase for hitting a dog

I am dragged to court for hitting a Dog. Charge sheet has been filed under 11(1) k of 1960 I don't want to get into long court matters. My job involves too much travelling Should i accept and end the matter ? Any issue in accepting this? Also what will happen if Dog dies later and these guys again file complaint against me for the death of the dog ?

• ansYou can compromise the matter out of court by paying compensation. If the court convicts you then it may seriously jeopardize your career prospects as a conviction from a court of law disqualifies an individual from applying for jobs, in addition to availing many more services such as passport, etc.
    Ask your lawyer frame a deed of compromise so that you don't face harsh consequences relating to this matter.