Can I retain General Status for my children if I Get married to an OBC
My cousin is a general category female and her boyfriend is an OBC. Now she wants that after marriage she does not convert to OBC category.
Some lawyers say that if she doesn't apply for a OBC certificate, she will stay in general category.
Also, she wants that her children after marriage do not get an OBC certificate but are in the General category. Can this be possible? If yes, how?
Once your cousin is married she will come under the category of an OBC but she cannot take the benefit of reservation for OBC by virtue of inter caste marriage.
Now regarding your second query,
The children at the time of birth will have the category of the father i.e. OBC in your case,so once a child is born they will automatically come under the OBC category.
Therefore in case of your cousin if she desires she may not apply for OBC certificate, but for her children she can apply for certificate only if she desires to take benefit of OBC category.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- lease cum sale agreement MUDA
- Is renting of flat on pagdi system legal for ancestral property
- How to ensure my property is safe and builder is not cheating
- Girl broke promise. Can I file any case against her?
- Tenants already staying, need to build another room.