quesCan I retain General Status for my children if I Get married to an OBC

My cousin is a general category female and her boyfriend is an OBC. Now she wants that after marriage she does not convert to OBC category.

Some lawyers say that if she doesn't apply for a OBC certificate, she will stay in general category.

Also, she wants that her children after marriage do not get an OBC certificate but are in the General category. Can this be possible? If yes, how?

  • ans

    Once your cousin is married she will come under the category of an OBC but she cannot take the benefit of reservation for OBC by virtue of inter caste  marriage. 

    Now regarding your second query,

    The children at the time of birth will have the category of the father i.e. OBC in your case,so once a child is  born they will automatically come under the OBC category. 

    Therefore in case of your cousin if she desires she may not apply for OBC certificate, but for her children she can apply for certificate only if she desires to take benefit of OBC category.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

Please advice me , what are the procedure to obtain Legal Heir Certificate ,what are…

My mother who is 90 years old and is a Central Government Family Pensioner sold…

I have an issue regarding documentation of my passport. I have applied for passport but…

Sir,how to change caste in MRO office records

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore

  Shaniwar Peth
 Experience: 9 years

Advocate Ravinder Pasula

 Experience: 18 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly