Can i play lottery in countries outside India online?
I want to know that can i playing a lottery held in other Countries from India is a crime or not? And if not, depositing money in that website which will buy me a ticket also a crime.
Gambling/Lottery is an offence in India except in the states of Sikkim & Goa.
In your case the incidence takes place in some other country where gambling is not an offence.
It will not be treated as a crime in India but the amount brought in India will be taxed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can seller sign on property registration rather than putting stamp
- What is the tax levied as stamp duty for different durations of stay
- My boyfriend is blackmailing me what legal action can I take
- Married daughter property rights on Inam land being sold by brothers
- Applied for electricity connection but not received connection yet