Can husband sell property which in the name of deceased wife?
Can a husband sell property which in the name of dead wife? I am buying the property from such person. He has 2 children as well.
Is it safe to buy such property?
What all documents should I look for?
You can purchase the property from husband. In the sale deed you can also mention that minor children represented by father and natural guardian and for the legal and family necessity and also in the interest of the minor children.
Has husband obtained succession certificate from court? Has mutation of property been done in name of legal heirs? Please also verify whether all original documents are in possession of the husband. Whether all society, property tax dues have been cleared?
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband died Inlaws took car registered in his name what to do?
- How to file for divorce
- Person started godown in residential area causing health issues
- Filed 498A case now I want to live with my husband
- Division of property bought by father but registered in brother's name