Can a person on whom a case is pending in a court of law be denied adm
If a person wants to pursue any professional course like law,can he be denied admission merely on the basis of facts that a case is pending against him in a court of law in India.
No, Admission to college or university can not be denied, only because a criminal case is pending final adjudication, even after court order, you shall have right to appeal against the unfavourable court order.
An order of court is considered final, only when it is passed by highest court of appeal, or an order against which no appeal is permissible under the law, though revision or SLP may be filed.
So one should not be denied admission to university only on the basis that some criminal case is pending against any student.
If any university or college has rule, that they will not admit anyone who has acted in misconduct, and accordingly they don't admit any student, then student must approach court of appropriate jurisdiction for remedy.
Advocate Vivek NasaGurgaon District Court, Gurgaon
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Owner of the apartment is not providing basic amenities what can I do
- Shopkeeper filed a false case what can we do.
- Wife filed divorce case in Bhopal Can she now transfer case to Delhi
- Wife left home and not willing to come back what action can I take
- Joint hindu family property in name of uncle can he claim property