Can a gifted property be taken back?
I was gifted a plot by a this lady in 1995. Now he is asking the registration papers without quoting any reason. I think that she now intends to sell that plot which I further sold to someone else.
Is she eligible to get back that gifted plot from the actual owner now? Who will pay the compensation to the present owner?
A gifted property cannot be taken back once the gift deed is registered and stamped.
In terms of the gift made by her you became the absolute owner of the property. The ownership rights now vest in the person to whom you sold the plot.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Name misspelled in SSLC certificate what can I do
- False accusation of bribe & taping an illegal video & sharing online
- Is it necessary to be a law graduate to open a law firm?
- What happens to personal loan if a person dies
- want to settle credit card dues with the bank without paying