×

quesCan a gifted property be taken back?

I was gifted a plot by a this lady in 1995. Now he is asking the registration papers without quoting any reason. I think that she now intends to sell that plot which I further sold to someone else.

Is she eligible to get back that gifted plot from the actual owner now? Who will pay the compensation to the present owner?

• ansA gifted property cannot be taken back once the gift deed is registered and stamped.

In terms of the gift made by her you became the absolute owner of the property. The ownership rights now vest in the person to whom you sold the plot.