Can 2 FIRs be filed in different jurisdictions.
Can any body let me know is it possible to file FIR in two different jurisdiction on the similar kind of offense. In brief, Case is filed under 498A , 304B , 3 & 4 of DP act in one state , after 1 year of time on Section 6 of DP act is filed in another another state . In the first incident the trails is going , where as Second one is a private complaint . First thing has happened in Karnataka where as Section 6 is filed as private complaint in Andhra pradesh. Without proper intimation to the judge of Andhra pradesh local judge has given the number and asking to attend the court . For quashing the same is filed in High court of andhra pradesh for quashing or else stay all the proceedings untill the case at Karnataka closes as both are interlinked.
The facts furnished by you run contrary to the heading of your query. In the head of your query you have asked whether two FIRs can be filed for same incident, whereas in the body of your query you have mentioned that subsequently launched proceeding is a complaint. If that be so, there are no two FIRS. Andhra Pradesh High Court will now decide whether to quash or stay the proceedings.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 304 - Punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Bank is delaying to return security after loan repayment
- Is it necessary for both partners to be present in court for divorce?
- what will happen if I copy a web image
- Difference between a Sale Deed & Agreement
- Is divorce certificate necessary for applying for passport