quesBrother living in USA. Wishes to give me POA to buy property in India.

My brother (living in USA) wants to give me (I am living in Delhi, and am a resident of MP, India) a Power of Attorney for the purchase of a house in Bhopal (MP).


I want to know if it is necessary to register the Power of Attorney (POA) or only Notary would be sufficient for the said purpose? If it is necessary, which city registrar office should I go for?


Lastly, how much time would the whole process would take?


  • ans


    Expert Legal Advice:


    Your brother needs to execute the Power Of Attorney (POA) on a plain paper & get it attested from the Indian Consulate in USA. The language of the POA is important for further processes in India so you may want to get it vetted from an Expert in India before it is attested in the USA.


    You need to get the same validated in India from the registrar office which takes around 10-15 days. 


    The registration may be done at either of the locations in India, i.e. Delhi or MP, and will be valid to purchase the house in Bhopal, MP. You will need a valid Identity proof and a proof of residence of the city in which you wish to register the POA.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

change date of birth in 10th cbse marksheet
Hi, My name is 'AMITABH PAUL' and Wife's name before marriage was 'PRIYANKA GUPTA' which…
My name in 10th certificate was Shashikala sisodia After Marriage, my name in DL and…

I got married in a temple. Now i want to get a marriage certificate. What…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Srishti Saxena

  Guru Apartments, Dwarka
 Experience: 6 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly