Brother living in USA. Wishes to give me POA to buy property in India.
My brother (living in USA) wants to give me (I am living in Delhi, and am a resident of MP, India) a Power of Attorney for the purchase of a house in Bhopal (MP).
I want to know if it is necessary to register the Power of Attorney (POA) or only Notary would be sufficient for the said purpose? If it is necessary, which city registrar office should I go for?
Lastly, how much time would the whole process would take?
Expert Legal Advice:
Your brother needs to execute the Power Of Attorney (POA) on a plain paper & get it attested from the Indian Consulate in USA. The language of the POA is important for further processes in India so you may want to get it vetted from an Expert in India before it is attested in the USA.
You need to get the same validated in India from the registrar office which takes around 10-15 days.
The registration may be done at either of the locations in India, i.e. Delhi or MP, and will be valid to purchase the house in Bhopal, MP. You will need a valid Identity proof and a proof of residence of the city in which you wish to register the POA.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- About mentioning in High Court
- Can I request for ex parte order if matter is getting delayed
- Married at the age of the 14. Don't want to continue it
- What action against the judge if the judgment passes by him is wrong?
- division of property which is gifted