quesAre Jat in UP included in OBC category as per recent government order?

Are Jats in UP included in the OBC category as per the recent order passed by the Govt.? I had applied for JEE Main in the OBC category and now want to apply in the JEE Advance in the OBC category. The JEE Advance has some specifications for the OBC quota inclusions in the prospectus issued.


Please advise if I can apply under the OBC category as per the prospectus?


  • ans


    Yes, as per the Government notification Jat’s have been included in the Central List of OBC in nine states, namely States of Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan (two districts), Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Uttarakhand and Bihar. 


    However, a Writ Petition has been filed before the Supreme Court wherein the petitioners sought a direction to quash the notification to include Jats in OBC list contrary to the recommendation of the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) rejecting such inclusion.


    But the Supreme Court has refused to stay the Centre’s decision to include Jat in the OBC list. The matter is still pending before the Supreme Court.


    With respect to your query, yes you can apply under the OBC category because the notification is still applicable and has not been quashed by Supreme Court.  


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

i want to registration my new flat at kaikhali kolkatta what are the documents to…
Hello, My name is Nag B Shankar, the problem i am facing is with my…
grandmother can cancel/revoke the register gift deed executed infavour of her grand son? and as…
Hello.. My son is 2 years old now. The mcd issued a birth certificate at…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore

  Shaniwar Peth
 Experience: 9 years

Advocate Ravinder Pasula

 Experience: 18 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly