Are Jat in UP included in OBC category as per recent government order?
Are Jats in UP included in the OBC category as per the recent order passed by the Govt.? I had applied for JEE Main in the OBC category and now want to apply in the JEE Advance in the OBC category. The JEE Advance has some specifications for the OBC quota inclusions in the prospectus issued.
Please advise if I can apply under the OBC category as per the prospectus?
Yes, as per the Government notification Jat’s have been included in the Central List of OBC in nine states, namely States of Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan (two districts), Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Uttarakhand and Bihar.
However, a Writ Petition has been filed before the Supreme Court wherein the petitioners sought a direction to quash the notification to include Jats in OBC list contrary to the recommendation of the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) rejecting such inclusion.
But the Supreme Court has refused to stay the Centre’s decision to include Jat in the OBC list. The matter is still pending before the Supreme Court.
With respect to your query, yes you can apply under the OBC category because the notification is still applicable and has not been quashed by Supreme Court.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- marrying a divorcee- not showing the certificate
- Can a public sector bank issue a voluntary vacation of service letter
- Uncle divorced first wife now she is claiming share in property
- EMPLOYEE STOCK OWNERSHIP PLAN
- Can article 21 be used for speedy disposal of a case