quesalternative of power of attorney POA from mother to son

We are two brothers and three sisters and all are married. After my father's demise we got a plot originally booked by my father which is now on our mother's name, and built that with three stories. Mother has written a will for specific portion. My younger brother has two upper stories and I have only ground floor according to that will. I want to give my portion on rent which has become commercial in due course. Mother some how is relectent to gove a power of attorney on some family member advise. Are there any other alternatives apart from GPA for me to go ahead with my agreements?

  • ansYes, as long as your mother is alive the Will has no force. So during her lifetime you have no option but to obtain her consent for commercial user of the same. On her death once Probate of Will is granted, you do not require any other's consent.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

How much stamp duty will be payable, when one brother is transferring property, situated in…
Can I get obc Quota if my mother is obc and father of general. And…
Hi Sir, Well i was student of 10th class in PSEB. My mother name is…

How can I get a legal heir certificate in Delhi?

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore

  Shaniwar Peth
 Experience: 9 years

Advocate Ravinder Pasula

 Experience: 18 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly