quesAfter knowing the caste, patient questions doctor.

I am a govt. doctor and belong to ST. After passing a instruction for patient care one of the my subordinate nursing staff who is a Muslim. He said how i dared to give instruction to him as i came thru reservation b/c i belong to ST. He questioned my eligibility for being a doctor i does not know nothing & he knows more than me.

He also humiliated a lot. he challenged me to if i will file a police case against him who will give statement in my favor. he terrorized the other nursing staff & fourth class staff and asked not to give statement in my favor. I just want opinion that if I file a police case against him under SC/ST atrocity and none of the staff give statement in my favor then what will be the outcome. what should i do that he or other staff do not behave like this as i have to give instruction for patient care.

• ansYour sole statement is sufficient to initiate the legal process against the person who humiliated and insulted you by calling your caste. He can be prosecuted for calling your caste. Police may arrest him on the basis of your statement alone as it has nowhere been mentioned in law that a person cannot be arrested and prosecuted if nobody comes forth to record a statement against him.

What will be the outcome of case cannot be told beforehand by any one. If the case is prosecuted with due diligence then the outcome may be favorable to you.